Welcome to Donna Gabriel Robins Elementary and a brand new school year. We are thrilled you are part of our school community!
Our first and foremost goal at Donna Gabriel Robins is to continue working together to maintain a learning community that is inclusive, innovative, inspiring, and unified. At our school we strive every day to demonstrate respect towards others, respond when support is needed, and value differences.
Creating an environment for open communication, responding empathetically, and acting to ensure the social, emotional, and physical safety of all are things we value tremendously at Donna Gabriel Robins Elementary. We work hard to model and teach personal and social responsibility, provide opportunities for creative and critical thinking, celebrate our diversity and successes, work cooperatively so everyone benefits, and share our wisdom.
Students, you are the reason we are here. Work hard to have a successful school year. Strive to be an enthusiastic, motivated learner. Participate in your classroom, use your agenda to keep yourself organized, complete your homework, read for at least 20 minutes every night, follow school rules, and help others. Also, listen to your parents, work with them, respect them, trust them, and love them.
Here are some helpful tips and wise advice:
- Every rule is there for a reason: to protect your safety, well-being, and happiness. Respecting the rules will ensure our school is a great place to work, learn, and play in.
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Always use kind words and actions: don’t allow your anger to take control.
- Remember to tell an adult right away if you or someone else has been hurt.
- Respect yourself, respect others, and respect your school and community.
- Seek adult help after you have tried your best to solve a problem or conflict.
- You cannot always control what other people say and do, but you can almost always control how you act, react, and respond. Only you are responsible for your actions. Learn to recognize what “Zone” you are in, and the tools required to get back to the “Green Zone”, so you are ready to learn.
- Sometimes things don’t happen as quickly as you would like. Practice patience.
- Always try your best!
- Think positive and be positive!
The staff and I are looking forward to another great year of working and learning together. All the best for a terrific school year!
Mrs. P. Giovani